2018 8000# Pro Stock Diesel
Brad Furlong (270) 670-6431
Shadd Turner (270) 427-8665
1. Ballast is permitted. Front hanging weights are allowed, not to exceed 60 inches forward of the center of the front axle. This will be measure from center of front wheels to end of weight assembly. Ballast may be added in the bed of the truck.
2. The body must be the OEM truck body, including the full bed floor. The body must retain full sheet metal, aftermarket hoods are permitted. The hood must be closed and securely latched while the vehicle is hooked to the sled.
3. Front brakes only are required.
4. The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body used. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back-half conversions, tube chassis, etc., are prohibited.
5. All drivers must have a valid state driver’s license and full fire suit. (see General Rules) which includeds helmet. Seatbelt/restraint system must be worn.
6.An OEM transmission and transfer case are mandatory. They must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pickup.
7. All trucks must have at least six inch wide u-joint shields around the rear u-joint constructed of at least 1/4 inch steel or 3/8 inch aluminum that will safely contain the u-joint and the end of the rear shaft. All shields must be securely mounted to the vehicle. Any front shaft u-joint that is visible from the side of the truck must be shielded to contain the u-joint and the end of the shaft.
8. The engine is limited to a stock-appearing, Engine and transmissions can be interchanged between Dodge, Ford and GM as long as they came in a 1 ton truck or less from the factory. Complete engine must have stock appearance except where otherwise noted in these rules. aftermarket intake manifolds are allowed
9. All vehicles must be equipped to direct exhaust upward. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be placed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other, within 12” of the turbo.
10. A fire extinguisher system is permitted. It must be securely mounted. A complete OEM firewall is mandatory.
11. The complete OEM floor pan is mandatory.
12. Hand throttles permitted. No propane or NO2 permitted or any other oxygen enhancers. Racing fuel cells are permitted.
13.Maximum of one P7100 pump limited to one plunger per cyclinder. The use of multiple high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps is legal. Powerstroke engines with a single factory turbo may utilize a second HPOP.
14. Hook point must be no closer than 44” of centerline of rear axle, hitch height maximum of 26”, with a minimum of a 3.75” X 3.0” opening. Hitch point must be easily accessed. No “trick” type hitches permitted. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Hitch must be frame mounted. Hitch must be mounted centerline of rear axle or behind. Hitch must not exceed a maximum of 25 degree angle from pivot point to hook point.
15. Rear axle bolts must be covered by a cap or shield.
16. Safety switch (Raincap or guillotine) must shut-off air to diesel motors. Switch will be securely mounted to the back of the vehicle and have a two inch diameter ring to attach to the sled.
17. Hydraulic steering permitted.
18. Suspension, Front: The upper mounting point for strut assemblies must be in the factory location. Adjustable caster/camber pillow ball mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may be strengthened provided factory-mounting points to chassis are maintained. The lower mounting point for the strut assembly may be modified for improved caster or camber. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted.
18b. Lowering or raising the vehicle height with suspension modifications is permitted; must be bolt on only; welds permitted for attachment to frame or axle housing. Sway bars, limit straps, and camber kits permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted; Blocked suspension is permitted. No air bags.
19. The tires must be DOT street tires. Cut tires are prohibited. 102” Max outside tire to outside tire.
20. Non-OEM transfer cases are prohibited. The transfer case must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pick up truck.
21. Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket torque converters, valve bodies and internal components are permitted. Transmission brakes are prohibited. Any non-OEM floor-mounted automatic transmission shifter must be equipped with a spring-loaded positive reverse lockout device to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put into reverse gear. A functional neutral safety switch is mandatory. All transmission lines must be metallic or high-pressure-type hose. All vehicles using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a transmission shield meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and must be labeled accordingly. A blanket-type shield is permitted; it must be appropriately labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and it must extend from the rear of the block to the front of transmission main body the bell housing area is to be completely covered six inch overlap where it is fastened. All non-blanket-type shields must incorporate two (or one, per manufacturer’s instructions) 3/4 inch by 1/8 inch straps that bolt to the shield on each side and pass under the transmission pan unless the transmission pan is labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1. All vehicles using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a flex plate meeting SFI Spec 29.1 and be covered by a flex plate shield meeting SFI Spec 30.1.
21b. Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket internal components are permitted. A clutch meeting
minimum SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2 is mandatory on all vehicles. All manual transmissions must be clutch assisted.
Sequential shifters are prohibited. All vehicles equipped with a manual transmission must Have a flywheel shield labeled as meeting minimum SFI Spec 6.3 or greater. Applications for which an SFI Spec flywheel shield is not available may use a properly attached SFI 4.1 or 4.2 blanket that completely covers the bellhousing; it must be attached to the block and extend rearward to the transmission with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened.
22.The vehicle is limited to a 2.6 inducer bore single turbocharger. The compressor wheel must protrude into a
2.6” bore for 1/8”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.605 inch plug the plug must not be able to enter the inducer bore. A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove must be inside neck area where intake cover is measured. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a width greater than .200”. All provisions allowing air into the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited. The vehicle driver will be responsible for making compressor wheel accessible for tech personal to measure bore and be able to inspect compressor wheel.
23. Water injection is prohibited. All system components must be removed from the truck.
24. Intercoolers are allowed. Dumping/draining of intercooler within 100 feet of track is prohibited.
25. Maximum of 1 ton truck chassis only allowed. Dual front wheels are prohibited.